Pages

Welcome to Tangible Darkness

Hey there. Welcome to my blog! I like to ramble on about nothing. Occasionally I might even talk about interesting topics, like movies, music, and food. So enjoy reading, and don't forget to subscribe on your way out!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Society

Kyran's Latest Post. Please go read it. I agree with most, if not all, of what he has expressed (his parts in bold) there.

I once had to come up with my own quote for an English 11 project. My quote was, "Society has molded us to believe we aren't being molded."

Society has told us that spontaneity doesn't get us anywhere but trouble. It's so untrue, though - people are out there taking risks all the time and so many success stories have come out of it. Sometimes you fail, yes. But you learn and you live life and have experiences. Life wouldn't be fun if it was all success and no failure.

Society has told us that we need education to succeed. Not always the case, either.

Society has told us to conform or be left in the dust. I see nonconformists everywhere, and it looks like they're doing plenty fine to me.

Thoughts?

No comments: